Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Irvine, Orange County

Wet Floor Sign

We’ve all seen the older woman in the commercial crying out pitifully, “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” It should come as no surprise to any of us, that slip, trip, and fall accidents are extremely common — at home, in the workplace, at construction sites, sports arenas, shopping malls, office buildings, and in playgrounds. Although many such accidents are the result of awkward or impulsive motions, some are attributable to the negligence of others. When someone else is responsible for your fall, whether, through malice or carelessness, you should check with an attorney who specializes in personal injury to find out whether you can be compensated for your injuries. At Advocate Law Firm, our attorneys handle personal injury cases involving falls throughout Southern California including Irvine, Orange County, Anaheim, Inland Empire, and San Diego.

Slip, trip and fall injuries are always unexpected, but certain conditions make them more likely, for example:

  • Icy or broken sidewalks
  • Poorly lit pathways
  • Wet, slippery floors
  • Frayed carpeting
  • Falling debris
  • Crumbling stairs
  • Falling debris

Because it is often difficult to prove premises liability, particularly because the property owner may hurry to repair the problem after the accident, it is important for the victim to have a strong attorney with the proper investigatory skills to document the damage at the site promptly.

What can you receive compensation for after a slip and fall accident?

Depending on the nature of the injury, and your ability to prove the property owner’s complicity in your fall, you are entitled to reimbursement for:

  • Medical and rehabilitative costs
  • Physical pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of future earning power
  • Permanent disability
  • Emotional trauma

There are factors that may make it harder for you to collect compensation, including if it can be proved that you were trespassing on the property when the accident occurred. In some cases, the judge or jury may determine that there was “comparative fault,” and that both you and the other party were partially responsible for the accident. In such cases, only partial compensation will be received.